Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yosemite!

Three of the biggest blessings in my life are named Angie, Wendy and Julie. My sisters are amazing women and I am very lucky to call them my best friends. Julie came to visit us for a week and it was nothing short of a total blast. Brandon thinks that his Aunt Julie is one of the very coolest people in the world! So do I. Due to the fact that we live only three hours away and my sister is very adventurous, we decided to take a quick trip to Yosemite while she was here!
This picture makes me giggle every single time I look at it! Julie is so petite that she looks like a child compared to me! So here I am with my two kids! ;) Half Dome is very tiny in the background. Wow!


A closer shot of amazing Half Dome.





Here we are at Bridalveil Falls.
Huge leaf!


We saw lots of wildlife including two bucks. They were so close!

It was extremely cold but we tried to say warm by bundling up! Brandon wore my scarf. :)
Mama and baby raccoon were so neat to see! Brandon was LOVING the little baby cooney!

We decided not to camp in a tent (it was WAY too cold!), so we got a canvas "cabin" in Camp Curry. It was still very cold but at least we were up off the ground on beds and had a propane heater (which we brought) to help take the edge off. Bears are all over Yosemite so signs are posted everywhere about keeping your food (and anything else with a scent- including toothpaste!) locked up in a bear-proof container outside your cabin. I was starting to get worried that we might wake up to an unwanted guest! Luckily we had a decent nights rest and did not see any bears.


Cute little squirrel!
The next day we made our way to lower Yosemite Falls. There were lots of BIG rocks to climb on and Brandon was having a ton of fun! We met a nice family with four kids who loved to climb as well so Brandon enjoyed having some buddies to explore with.




We almost could not believe our eyes when we saw snow!
What an awesome trip! We love you Julie!

1 comment: