Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stinson Beach

Everyone that we talk to up here says that Northern California beaches are very different than the ones in Southern California. Well, everyone was right! We finally visited Stinson Beach and it was exciting and beautiful, but VERY different then what we are used to. It had a forest-like feel due to all of the pine trees and huge mountains that surrounded it. Gigantic cliffs and rocks were everywhere. 

My two guys ready to have fun!

 We could not believe how windy it was, and chilly! We asked around and people there said that it was actually a pretty warm day! Yikes! We wore sweatshirts most of the time. :) 

The wind and chill did not stop this guy from getting in the water up to his neck! He asked John and I over and over if we would get in with him, but it was just way too cold! Luckily he quickly made a buddy and the two of them played together for a good hour.

 Brandon loved that this beach had a TON of rocks to find and collect. He had to bring home two big baggies full of them. 

I didn't get a picture of it but Brandon was so sweet and dug a hole in the sand for my belly! I was able to lay on my stomach for the first time in two months! It felt SO GOOD! 

I am so in love with this picture. He looks so sweet and innocent.  


 This picture is WAY too light but I had to include it...the classic "buried up to your neck in sand" pic. :)




 We went for a walk and tried to find sea life around the enormous rocks. 




Brandon and I built a mountain from sand and made a tunnel through it. See his little fingers peeking out? 


 This deer was surprising to see just as we started to head for home.
It was a great day at the beach, cold weather and all.
So fun to experience a new place as a family. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that he dug a hole for your to lay down in. What a sweet boy! :)

    Oh, and I'm soooo not jealous that not only did you get to have fun at the beach, but that it was so cold, you had to wear sweatshirts. (spoken in an extremely sarcastic tone. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete